HANKOOK CORPORATION strives to grow and develop with all stakeholders including shareholders by
improving corporate value through progressive and efficient management activities and do its best to
become a trusted company by faithfully fulfilling its duties and responsibilities as a listed company.
Our company respects all domestic and foreign laws and market order, establishes fair trade order, respects social values and customs and contributes to national and social development through various social contribution activities. Therefore, our company enacts the Code of Ethics to ensure a sound and fair corporate culture.
Attitudes towards shareholders and investors
- 1. Protection of Shareholders' Rights
- · The company shall protect the rights of shareholders and respect the shareholders' legitimate demands and suggestions.
- · The company will faithfully disclose management information to establish mutual trust with shareholders and investors and strive to maximize shareholder interests.
- 2. Equal treatment
- · The company treats all shareholders including minority shareholders fairly and equitably.
- · The company shall always decide the management opinion in consideration of the interests of all shareholders, so that the interests or rights of the minority shareholders are not unduly infringed.
- 3. Provide positive information
- · The company records and manages accounting data in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles to provide transparent financial status and management performance.
- · The company provides accurate management information in a timely manner in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, so that information users such as investors can make reasonable investment decisions.
Attitude towards customers
- 1. Customer respect
- · The company always thinks and acts on behalf of the customer and strives to achieve customer satisfaction by providing the best products and services.
- · The company provides accurate information about products and services to customers and does not advertise.
- 2. Customer Protection
- · The company protects the interests, safety, and personal information of its customers and does not engage in unreasonable acts against customers.
Attitudes towards competitors and partner companies
- 1. Fair competition with competitors
- · The company respects fair and free market economy order according to the principle of free competition and competes fairly with competitors.
- · The company respects fair trade order and adheres to fair trade related laws and regulations.
- 2. Fair transactions with suppliers
- · The company pursues joint development by establishing mutual trust and cooperation through fair transactions with partner companies.
- · The company does not use any dominant position to impose or influence any form of unlawful conduct.
Responsibility to Employees
- 1. Fair treatment
- · The company shall not give unfair discrimination to employees for reasons of favoritism, nepotism, cronyism, sex, religion, age, disability, marriage, etc.
- · The company establishes evaluation criteria for employees' qualities, abilities and achievements, and fairly evaluates and compensates them.
- 2. Creating work environment
- · The company strives for the health and safety of its employees.
- · The company supports the self-realization with human resource development by fairly giving the opportunity to respect the autonomy and creativity of each employee and improve their ability.
- · The company respects the independent personality and basic rights of its employees and creates an environment where suggestions can be made.
Responsibility for Society
- 1. Compliance with national and international laws and regulations
- · As a member of the national and local communities, the company abides by all laws and regulations as well as international regulations.
- 2. Contribution to national economy and social development
- · The company contributes to national economy and social development through improvement of productivity, creation of employment, sincere payment of taxes, and social contribution.
Basic Ethics of Employees
- 1. Establishment of sound corporate culture
- · Employees share the management philosophy of the company and share the goals and values pursued by the company and faithfully carry out the mission assigned to them according to the company's business direction.
- · Employees create an organizational culture based on smooth communication and mutual trust between leader and subordinate and employees.
- · Employees shall perform their assigned duties in the most appropriate way and comply with all relevant laws and regulations of the company.
- 2. Prohibition of conflict of interest
- · Employees shall endeavor to prevent any act or relationship that conflicts with the company's interests, and shall act in the best interests of the company when there is a conflict between the company and the individual or department.
- 3. Prohibition of use of internal information
- · Employees shall not trade stocks using internal information acquired in the course of business.
- · Employees shall not provide undisclosed material information to third parties without due process, which may affect the share price.
- 4. Protection of company property and important information
- · Employees shall protect the company's material property, intellectual property, and trade secrets and shall not use them for private purposes.
- · Employees do not engage in unfair business practices using private information obtained from the company or pursuing private interests using their positions.
- · Employees do not disclose sensitive information to the outside that may affect the company's profits.
- 5. Sexual harassment prevention
- · Employees shall not engage in any language or activity that would undermine sound co-workers, including physical, linguistic, visual language or behavior recognized as causing sexual humiliation.
- 6. No Political Involvement
- · Employees do not engage in political activities during office hours and do not use company's organization, personnel, or property for political purposes.
- · Individuals' political rights and political views are respected, but their political views and political involvement should not be misunderstood as a company’s position.
- 7. Prohibition for acceptance of money and entertainment
- · Employees do not receive money, gifts, or entertainment from their stakeholders such as customers.
- · Employees shall not give gifts or entertainment to stakeholders that are beyond the scope accepted by social norms to interested parties such as business partners in relation with the company's business.
- · Employees do not accept money or excessive gifts and entertainment.
- 8. Compliance with the Code of Ethics
- · All employees shall comply with the code of ethics and shall be responsible for any violation.
- · Employees are required to report to the Ethics Office if they are forced to act against the Code or recognize any unfair conduct.
- · Employees shall prevent recurrence by thorough investigation of cause and education in case of violation of Code of Ethics